Welcome to Chapelthorpe Medical Centre website
At Chapelthorpe Medical Centre in Wakefield the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We run clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of medical services; antenatal & postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations & well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu above.
Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
Are you eligible for a flu vaccination?
We recommend this vaccination for anyone who is over the age of 65, or who has an illness
which may put them more ‘at risk’ if they catch flu.
These illnesses include:
- Chronic respiratory disease i.e. obstructive pulmonary disease or if you require continuous or repeated use of steroid inhalers for your asthma
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease such as stroke/tia, multiple sclerosis (MS), cerebral palsy
We also recommend this vaccination for:
- Patients who are undergoing medical treatment who may have a compromised immune system
- Pregnant women (in any stage of pregnancy)
- Patients who live in residential homes
- Patients who are in receipt of a carers allowance who are the main carer for an elderly or disabled Person whose welfare may be at risk if they fall ill
- Children age 2,3 and 4 (1 September 2010 – 31 August 2013) nasal spray will be given
We will be holding OPEN CLINICS (No appointment needed).
A full team of staff has been arranged to accommodate the demand. If an unexpected staffing problem has occurred, we may ask you to come back on a different day, we will advise you of this when you report to reception on arrival.
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE THE ONLY OPEN CLINICS WE WILL BE HOLDING:
WEDNESDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER 2015 08.30 – 19.30
WEDNESDAY 21ST OCTOBER 2015 08.30 – 19.30
Bank Holiday closing
3 April Friday Good Friday
6 April Monday Easter Monday
4 May Monday Early May bank holiday
25 May Monday Spring bank holiday
31 August Monday Summer bank holiday
Christmas and New Year closing - 25th, 28th December and 1st January
The surgery is closed one Wednesday afternoon per month for education and training purposes.
Dates for 2015 21th January - 11th Febuary - 18th March - 15th April - 20th May - 17th June - 15th July - 16th September - 14th October - 18th November
(Site updated 20/08/2015)