Welcome to Chapelthorpe Medical Centre website
At Chapelthorpe Medical Centre in Wakefield the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We offer a wide variety of medical services; antenatal & postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations & well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu above.
Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
Are you eligible for a flu vaccination?
We recommend this vaccination for the following:
Anyone who is over the age of 65, or who has an illness which may put them more ‘at risk’ if they catch flu.
These illnesses include:
- Chronic respiratory disease i.e. obstructive pulmonary disease or if you require continuous or repeated use of steroid inhalers for your asthma
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease such as stroke/tia, multiple sclerosis (MS), cerebral palsy
We also recommend this vaccination for:
- Patients who are undergoing medical treatment who may have a compromised immune system
- Pregnant women (in any stage of pregnancy)
- Patients who live in residential homes
- Patients who are in receipt of a carers allowance who are the main carer for an elderly or disabled Person whose welfare may be at risk if they fall ill
- Children age 2,3 and 4 (1 September 2010 – 31 August 2013) nasal spray will be given
Bank Holiday closing
3 April Friday Good Friday
6 April Monday Easter Monday
4 May Monday Early May bank holiday
25 May Monday Spring bank holiday
31 August Monday Summer bank holiday
Christmas and New Year closing - 25th, 28th December and 1st January
The surgery is closed one Wednesday afternoon per month for education and training purposes.
Dates for 2015 21th January - 11th Febuary - 18th March - 15th April - 20th May - 17th June - 15th July - 16th September - 14th October - 18th November
(Site updated 05/11/2015)