Welcome to Chapelthorpe Medical Centre website
At Chapelthorpe Medical Centre in Wakefield the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We offer a wide variety of medical services; antenatal & postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations & well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu above.
Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
Are you eligible for a flu vaccination?
We recommend this vaccination for the following:
Anyone who is over the age of 65, or who has an illness which may put them more ‘at risk’ if they catch flu.
These illnesses include:
- Chronic respiratory disease i.e. obstructive pulmonary disease or if you require continuous or repeated use of steroid inhalers for your asthma
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease such as stroke/tia, multiple sclerosis (MS), cerebral palsy
We also recommend this vaccination for:
- Patients who are undergoing medical treatment who may have a compromised immune system
- Pregnant women (in any stage of pregnancy)
- Patients who live in residential homes
- Patients who are in receipt of a carers allowance who are the main carer for an elderly or disabled Person whose welfare may be at risk if they fall ill
- Children age 2,3 and 4 (1 September 2010 – 31 August 2013) nasal spray will be given
Bank Holiday closing 2016
25th March Friday Good Friday
28th March Monday Easter Monday
2nd May Monday Early May bank holiday
30th May Monday Spring bank holiday
29 August Monday Summer bank holiday
Christmas closing 26th and 27th December
New year closing 2nd January
The surgery is closed one Wednesday afternoon per month for education and training purposes.
Dates for 2016 20th January - 17th Febuary - 16th March - 13th April - 18th May - 15th June - 13th July - 14th September - 12th October - 16th November
(Site updated 09/02/2016)